Caleños.com

Comunicación y contacto social de Cali - Colombia. Alertas, Denuncias, Consejos, Preguntas, Preocupaciones y Reconocimiento caleño.

." Raonic blew his first match point when he

Afectaciones por obras públicas, falta de agua, sin electricidad, sin pavimentación, calles con basura, espacio para quejas ciudadanas.
lw789

13 Jul 2018  

EDMONTON – The Maple Leafs do not have a controversy. What they own instead, through the first 12 games of the season, is one of the strongest goaltending tandems in the league. "I dont think you could say that we dont have 1-A and 1-B," Randy Carlyle said confidently of his two goaltenders, following practice in Edmonton on Monday afternoon. Tag-teaming between the pipes in Toronto, Jonathan Bernier and James Reimer have combined to post the fifth-best collective save percentage in the NHL so far this season. Right there alongside potent special teams and a juiced up offence, goaltending has been a primary factor in the Leafs early season success (16 points, tied for first in the Eastern Conference). "If you dont have goaltending you dont have a chance, you dont have a starting point," said Carlyle, frowning on the daily interest his goaltenders attract. "And every team in the league is looking for the same thing; for their goalies to go in there and give them a chance. In our situation our goalies have been very, very good for us." The numbers between the two are nearly identical so far. Bernier (5-4-0) has started seven games and owns a .930 save percentage; .936 at even-strength and .919 when his team is shorthanded. Reimer (3-0-0) has started five of his own and boasts a .933 overall mark; .933 at even-strength and .920 shorthanded. As a tandem, the duo boast a .928 save percentage, trailing only the hot-starting Avalanche, (10-1-0), Bruins (7-3-0), Sharks (10-1-1) and Canadiens (7-5-0). Theyve managed such effectiveness in spite of an increasingly heavy strain; the Leafs yield an average of 35 shots per game, falling under the 30-shot plateau in just one game so far. Working within the tandem concept has been an adjustment for both goaltenders. Bernier had never started three consecutive games in the NHL prior to joining the Leafs, stuck as the understudy to Jonathan Quick for years in Los Angeles. The 25-year-old has started three in a row twice already this season and says the adjustment is mental above all else. "Its a whole new mind-set for me," he explained to the Leaf Report. Rather than gearing up for the one customary start hed made every couple weeks with the Kings, Bernier has had to prepare himself mentally for the possibility of a string of starts. He hadnt done that since the 2009-10 season, when he was the starting netminder for the AHLs Manchester Monarchs. "To get that routine back and get that good feeling every night I think thats the hardest part," he said. "I knew coming in this season if I was going to play a few games back-to-back my focus [needed] to be consistent. All year, thats what Im going to try to work as hard as possible because I kind of lost that." Bernier, who considers any game where he yields more than two goals to be an off-night, looks to Martin Brodeur as the ultimate example of mental consistency. The Devils future Hall-of-Famer was previously a regular for 70-plus games each and every season. Guiding the Leafs to their first playoff berth in nine years in 2013, Reimer faces a different and maybe more difficult circumstance than his Quebec-born counterpart. He was the entrenched No. 1 in Toronto last season, starting 31 of 48 games with a .924 save percentage that ranked eighth at the position. His once-firm hold on the starting job was thrown into question with the acquisition of Bernier. "I think you want to play consecutive games," he told the Leaf Report. "Thats when you feel you can get in a groove and thats when you feel you can play your best. I think thats the ultimate thing. And so when you have two guys its kind of hard to do that sometimes. It might be a little harder to adjust." Competition certainly has the tendency to breed improved results, but in Reimers situation, that may not be the case exactly. His focus, as he explains it, isnt squared so much on competing with Bernier, but rather on his own individual performance. "You cant think about it," said Reimer of the competition, coming off a 37-save performance against the Penguins on Saturday. "Its just some more, in essence, white noise that you cant let get through. "You dont run a marathon looking behind you the whole time – youre looking forward," he continued. "And if you feel a guy on your heels do you run a little faster? Maybe. But maybe thats not how you should run anyways ... You can say [the competition will] push you, but at the same time its more important for you to stick to your game-plan and not worry about it." Leading the bench in Anaheim for seven seasons, Carlyle has plenty of experience and success with the tandem approach in goal. When he and the Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007, it was actually Ilya Bryzgalov who started the opening four games of the postseason before Jean-Sebastien Giguere took over in Game 5 against the Wild, running the crease the remainder of the way. "That was the plan in the beginning," Carlyle said of the tandem concept. "Weve stated that and were going to continue to go again with the person who we feel is going to give us the best chance for success on any given night." When Leafs general manager Dave Nonis swung the trade for Bernier in late June he pledged to have the makings of a strong foundation in goal with a pair of 25-year-olds. "We feel weve got two of the top young goaltenders in the league right now," said Nonis. "Both of them we feel have the potential to be solid No. 1s. "Both guys have the potential, both of them want it, and that can only make your organization stronger." So far – its still early – so good. Jimmy Wynn Astros Jersey . Henry, who missed three games with a knee injury, was charged with a handball in the penalty area in the 82nd minute as he went to block a strike from Patrick Mullins. On the ensuing penalty kick, Lee Nguyen picked up his fourth goal of the season, giving the Revolution a 2-1 win Saturday afternoon. Dallas Keuchel Astros Jersey .C. - Canadian ice dancing, it seems, is in good hands. http://www.authenticbaseballshopastros. ... es-Jersey/. What they did need, the Devils got from Patrik Elias. Elias scored a power-play goal 40 seconds into overtime to give the New Jersey Devils a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars. Jose Cruz Jersey .com) - The Eastern Conference-leading Toronto Raptors are back in the great white north for a brief moment and will host the Dallas Mavericks Friday night from Air Canada Centre. Carlos Lee Jersey .com) - Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies withstood 18 Dallas 3-pointers, as Memphis took control in the third quarter and fended off a Mavericks rally en route to a 114-105 win in a Southwest Division showdown.INDIAN WELLS, Calif. -- Novak Djokovic rallied to beat Marin Cilic 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 in the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open on Wednesday, avoiding the upsets that knocked out two other top-10 players. Djokovic didnt face a break point on his serve after the first set in the baseline slugfest that ended after midnight PDT. He advanced to the quarter-finals against Julien Benneteau, a 6-3, 7-6 (4) winner over Feliciano Lopez. "It was very tough. Marin was a far better player in the first 45 minutes. He was striking the ball incredibly well," said Djokovic, who improved to 8-0 against Cilic. "I tried to stay calm and composed and believe that I could come back." Kevin Anderson upset Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-1, and sixth-ranked Andy Murray joined Wawrinka on the sidelines, losing to big-serving Milos Raonic, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3. Anderson ended Wawrinkas 13-match winning streak that included his first Grand Slam title in January. Wawrinka didnt face a break point in his first two matches, but he got broken in his first service game against the 6-foot-8 Anderson, who had 11 aces and connected on 64 per cent of his first serves. "I was complaining a lot about my serve, about the way I was playing, and with that, I dont deserve to win matches," Wawrinka said. "I should have been more positive with myself, just trying to find solution because it was still a close match." After losing the first set tiebreaker, Wawrinka left the court for nearly eight minutes to have his back worked on. He returned and broke Anderson twice in taking the second set to even the match. "Its just tightness," he said, insisting he wasnt injured. "I was a little bit nervous and tight and tired." Anderson earned all four breaks in the third in completing his 150th career match win on the ATP Tour. "Game plan is just to get as many first serves back as possible just to give myself the best look in his serve games throughout the match," he said. Anderson advanced to the quarter-finals against four-time tournament champion Roger FFederer, who beat 11th-seeded Tommy Haas 6-4, 6-4.dddddddddddd Against Murray, Raonic earned his first win over a top-10 player since September. He fired 15 aces and held triple match point when he ripped a crosscourt forehand to close out the win after breaking Murray three times in the final set. "The third set was just a bad, bad set of tennis," said Murray, who broke Raonic to lead 2-1 before losing five of the final six games. Murray, ranked sixth in the world, struggled in all three of his matches at Indian Wells. He rallied from a set down to beat Lukas Rosol and Jiri Vesely, but couldnt overcome Raonics power. "He obviously wins a lot of free points with his serve," Murray said. "So over the course of the set, if you give up enough unforced errors on basic shots, then with the amount of free points he gets on his serve, thats going to add up to a negative result." Raonic blew his first match point when he returned Murrays serve long. Murray held to trail 5-3, but Raonic held at love to close out the match. He hit 42 winners to 22 for Murray. Playing his first tournament since injuring his left ankle at the Australian Open in January, Raonic hadnt beaten someone in the top 10 since defeating then-No. 6 Tomas Berdych in the Bangkok final last fall. "I focused a lot more this event on my attitude and approach during the matches rather than what Im necessarily playing and just sort of being very hard on myself on that aspect," Raonic said. Raonic, a 23-year-old Canadian ranked 11th in the world, advanced to the quarter-finals against Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine, who beat Fabio Fognini of Italy, 6-2, 6-4. Ernests Gulbis beat Roberto Bautista Agut 7-6 (7), 4-6, 6-2 to reach the quarterfinals. Hell play John Isner, the lone remaining American man who beat Fernando Verdasco, 7-6 (3), 3-6, 6-3. On the womens side, sixth-seeded Simona Halep defeated Australian qualifier Casey Dellacqua 6-2, 6-2 to earn a berth in the semifinals. Halep will play second-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska, who beat No. 7 seed Jelena Jankovic, 7-5, 2-6, 6-4. NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

•   Información